PDA

View Full Version : Assigning seperate material IDs to particles in PFlow

Denovice
04-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Hi Guys

I'm using Allan McKays Fracture tutorial and script to crumble an apartment block.

The apartment is built up in a lego brick fashion using a library of component objects which are individually textured accordingly.

When I execute the script, a particle is assigned to each object as intended (or rather, a copy of the object) but the material IDs are lost.

Is there a way to retain the material IDs from the original mesh objects or is there a way to assign different material ID's to seperate particles within PFlow?

Cheers

Edit:
I've since tried Material Dynamic but it doesn't seem to give me the specific control that I need i.e. manually assigning a material ID on a per-particle basis.
One way round this I thought was to create seperate flows for the particles that correspond to different components i.e. a seperate flow for the windows, one for the bricks, the doors, roof tiles etc and assign a material accordingly on a per flow basis but this doesn't appear to work either as particles start disappearing altogether or changing to the particle type that was defined in the first flow. This is probably something to do with McKay's script though where I think one or two variables may need tweaking.

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2006, 07:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.