PDA

View Full Version : lip sync plugins

msmail
04-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Di-o-matic's Voice-o-matic plugin for max? Essentially, I'm looking for something that will automatically track animation from a sound file. If not V-o-M, are there any similar plugins or standalones that anyone would strongly recommend/avoid? Thanks in advance.

Ls3D
04-06-2006, 02:11 AM
I use Ventriloquist, but I think they have stopped development.

BTW - I only use it for long-ish format projects that are limited in the budget department. The look is a bit stiff.

You could try using just the morpher if you are on the fence about buying a wave-to-phoneme generator.

-Shea

msmail
04-06-2006, 02:32 PM
yeah, the total project length will be about 45 minutes. I'm expecting that I'll have to go back in and tweak it afterwards, as none of the demos I've seen are quite right. But if I can get the bulk of it done automatically, well, that's a big help. Thanks.

Ls3D
04-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Here is another tip, even though you may model your phonemes with extremes shapes characteristic of animation work, you may find that the results are a bit soft. In that case you can load another copy of the phonemes into the morpher and wire parameter one mouth shape to its copy thereby multiplying the results of the .WAV to morph key results.

-Shea

CGTalk Moderation
04-08-2006, 07:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.