PDA

View Full Version : Network rendering Pro and Std

destro80
04-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Hello,
The company I work for is looking to buy five After Effects 7 licences.
I'd like to know...if we buy 1 Pro edition and 4 Standard editions...will we be able to network render on to all 5 machines that have After Effects?

Thanks

Mylenium
04-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Hello,
The company I work for is looking to buy five After Effects 7 licences.
I'd like to know...if we buy 1 Pro edition and 4 Standard editions...will we be able to network render on to all 5 machines that have After Effects?

Thanks

you can install the render client on as many machines as you like, so yes, 1 Pro license would be sufficient.

Mylenium

destro80
04-05-2006, 10:26 AM
you can install the render client on as many machines as you like, so yes, 1 Pro license would be sufficient.

Mylenium

Great :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.

beenyweenies
04-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Great :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.

Could be wrong here, but if you go this route you may lose all Pro-based effects and functions when you go to render to these nodes. Even though the render node is just a render node, the machine it runs on still needs all the same effects and features that are used in your project. Am I wrong??

Mylenium
04-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Could be wrong here, but if you go this route you may lose all Pro-based effects and functions when you go to render to these nodes. Even though the render node is just a render node, the machine it runs on still needs all the same effects and features that are used in your project. Am I wrong??

Why should there be a problem? You install the render node from the Pro version disk anyways (including all effects), it doesn't matter if there's also a Standard edition on the same machine as long as both are installed into separate directories. You could even be so bold as to copy all the plugins into your Standard version and work with them (though it would be against the license agreement).

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2006, 08:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.