PDA

View Full Version : Axis Challenge!

Nenox
04-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Hi guys!

If you call the axis pointing down the bone "down"..
And your up axis "up"..
What do you call the remaining one??

animationrigs
04-05-2006, 06:14 PM
hmm....is this a vote?
I'd vote
-the axis that "points" is the 'aim' axis
-the up axis is up
-the remaining one is 'free'

michaelcomet
04-05-2006, 09:54 PM
side or cross

animationrigs
04-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Side or cross is better.

Nenox
04-06-2006, 05:12 PM
aim, up and side/cross. Exelent! :-) Thanks

Since I'm in such good compagny I should maybe elaborate on why I wanted to "know".

I did a ton of little procs that, put together, works like a version 1 of an autorigger etc. I allready use it in production, but need to expand it, to facilitate other joint orientations than x y z. (For example to align my tools to cMuscleSystem default orientation). Does anyone have ideas / experience of how to go about and implement that?

Cheers,
Sune.

michaelcomet
04-06-2006, 06:54 PM
You may want to grab the align procs out of my comet align script on my personal website...lets you as a user interactivel easily re-orient joints etc...it also has a built in "auto guess" align feature tho it doesn't always work the way you want...but I imagine you could use that as a starting point...

comet

Nenox
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Thanks!

I taped together three colored markers, to better wrap my head around how axis change. How they realign when one changes the other, in mirroing and such. Back to school boy!

B.t.w. Cross made the most sence to me.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.