PDA

View Full Version : Images in a folder to web via mel?

nelsonteixeira
04-05-2006, 04:55 AM
I wrote a script that does the following: As far as Im satisfied with a test rendering I execute it and it grabs the system date and the file name, compose a name with those and saves a jpg on an specific folder.

Id like to implement something that could scan this specific folder and send the pictures within to my webspace. So I can have, for example, a web page dynamically updated, with a wip section, or my clients to check how the job is going.

Can anybody help me with that?

RyanT
04-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I have never tried anything like this, but my guess is you could use MEL to send commands to DOS to log into a server and update HTML files. It might be more trouble than its worth though. When you ftp to the server you have to give it a password / username, but MEL will just send commands to DOS as fast as it can execute the script. So you might be able to send a command and have MEL wait in a while loop that waits a few seconds before executing the next command. (timerX) is probably the MEL command to use for doing that. Then once your done with that you need to get your HTML file and update that. If you want it off the server that means you need to get that and put it somewhere to work on. If you want to add code to the end of the HTML file then you would need to write out the file to that point to a temp file then add in the HTML that refers to your images. After your finished you can overwrite the current file and update the server with the updated one. Then have your MEL script move the images to the correct spot so you can send the images to the server as well. Might be possible. I dont know if this is what you were thinking or not.

-RyanT

Nicool
04-05-2006, 05:28 PM
In this melscript I listed all the file texture of a folder... it may serve your project : http://ndhaussy.free.fr/melScript/createFileTexturesFromDirectory.mel

meta_Nerd
04-08-2006, 10:26 PM
I think you have the same question twice here... really confusing.

Here is the link to what others are saying (for future users reference);

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=341739

One thing I didn't mention is if you run easyPHP on your machine it would then be much easier to accomplish this ( I believe there are lots of sample scripts on server to server xfer), as server to server transfer is quiet common.

good luck,

Chris Reid

CGTalk Moderation
04-08-2006, 10:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.