PDA

View Full Version : blendshape inbetween

lank
04-05-2006, 02:07 AM
hi pals,

i want to know is there a way by which i can query the inbetween weight value of the blendshape after creating.

for example :
1. i create a blendshape , 2. i added inbetween for the blendshape target 1, weight .5

later i would like to change the inbetween weight value, so i would like to query the weight.

i'm not able to get it, i would appreciate i anyone can help.

and i've attached an image of the hypergraph connection, i would like to know what is happening under the wood.

thank you,
lank.

Robert Bateman
04-05-2006, 09:55 AM
uhm, this is a known problem on Maya's tech support. Basically the array indices created are entirely random, therefore doing it via the hypergraph can become impossible since the info is only available internally to maya.

Basically you will need to use the blendShape mel command with query flags on the weight, and weightCount flags. This should be able to give you the info without needing to look at the hypergraph.

lank
04-06-2006, 12:25 AM
thanks for the reply robert,

i'm trying to get WC of the inbetween but whatever i query its just returning a value "1".

so if u can help me withe code that'll be great.

thank u,
lank.

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2006, 12:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.