PDA

View Full Version : Head Topology Advice

deanshortuk
04-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Hi, im currently attempting to create my first character and im starting with the head. could someone please take a look at the topology below and give me some advice? it needs tweaking but when it is done it will be used to model my characters head using the plane method (this is a pre-defined technique and i must model it this way) in 3ds Max.
many thanks guys and feel free to take the image and play about with it !

:shrug:

gdimmrt
04-05-2006, 06:53 AM
uh...no pic?

deanshortuk
04-05-2006, 12:48 PM
ok, sorry might sound like a bit of a dumb ass question but how do i post an image if i dont have anywhere on the web to put it ie i wanna stick it straight in here?

billrobertson42
04-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Try clicking the "manage attachments" button when you create a new post or edit an existing one. A popup will appear so you can upload the picture.

deanshortuk
04-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Ah cheers nice on. man my eyes must really b ****ed!

Ok well its there any way, id appreciate advice and as you can see the side veiw isnt dun yet as its posing a bit of a problem as this is my first attempt.

Cheers guys

sonicstrawbery
04-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Well it looks good to me, the topology is alright but now it need details of course, i think you can continue with this one without problem... Is it polygons ?

deanshortuk
04-06-2006, 12:42 PM
well at the moment i havnt actually began the modelling, i want to get all the design work acurate so itl save me time wen it cones to modelling but when i do begin it will be polygonal modelling in Max. For the head it is specified that i have to model it using planes, which is why i need the front and side topology to be accurate first. obviously i will betail the model up as i work into it and add subdivisions.
Can any one give me advice/tutorial/templates for the profile veiw as thats the one im having the most problems with

deanshortuk
04-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Ok well heres what i have so far. its not nearly finished yet but you get the idea of what im going for. i kno there are a few problems with it and obviously the seam is one of them but thats easy enough to sort out. i would be grateful for any criticism and/or advice so far and please dont be afraid to speak your mind!
cheers

hominid
04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
If you display your model with the "wireframe on shaded" mode it will be easier to see what you've done.

Cheers,
Pete

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.