PDA

View Full Version : Wiring: how can u make the curve linear?

Dark Soldier
04-04-2006, 10:09 AM
one thing thats been buggin me recently is that wehn u wire some thing in max, just say some simple like cylinder Rotating X wired to a box moving in Y for example, and u look at the curve in the curve editor its got slow in slow out, i would think it would be better if it was linear, but any way question is how can i adjust this curve?

if u put a float list on and then a bezier in the avaible slot that just tells it to start at a specific point or messes with the wiring if there is more than one key

any help would be great

did i make any sense?

thanks

Dark Soldier
04-04-2006, 09:47 PM
anyone even know what mean?

Chinwagon
04-05-2006, 12:14 AM
It's not the wiring, it's your animation curve. Try making your keyframe tangents linear instead of auto.
: )

Dark Soldier
04-05-2006, 08:49 AM
yep i'm stupid, for some reason i thought that the curve u see in the childs wired transform axis was different from the animation curve of the parent object

stupid me, wasn't thinkin straight, very noobie question

Dark Soldier
04-24-2006, 11:19 AM
do u know what, i'm not stupid.

happened again. i used a float reactor on the percent track of a helper (A) with a path constraint on it, to a another helper (B) postion in (x,y,z). the animation curves of helper B are all linear, but when u look at the curve of the percent track, its curved!!! so theres a little bit of miss timed movement

i have accessed the curve of the float reactor in its window, but they are not curved, so how can i make them linear! its bugging me so much , because it just does it as default and doesn't seem editable

thanks

anyone know what i mean

PEN
04-24-2006, 11:41 AM
A wire parameter is just a stright connection between two values, it doesn't set up any type of curve and can't. You must have animation that is set the ease tangents some where.

Dark Soldier
04-24-2006, 01:24 PM
hi PEN

sorry i didn't write very clearly or just wrong. i realise that when wiring its just a straight connection, but in my example i did a float reaction from a perecentage track of a path constraint to an object in 3 positions. i made the objects curves straight, which when wiring makes the curves straight to because its a straight connection like u said.

but the curve from the float reaction on the percentage track was still curved. i had a look in the float reactor to see if its curves were curved or straight, b ut they were curved . why is this?

i'm not sure if i'm explaining well

thanks for any help, always appricate from a master

(p.s when do u think u'll start doing the advanced rigging series)

eek
04-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Post a pick of the fcurve if it has animation and the reaction window.

eek

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2006, 01:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.