PDA

View Full Version : constrain obect to a deforming object

dragonlair81
04-04-2006, 08:22 AM
okay here the problem.

Someone at my school is doing an animation with a jack n box that pops out, wiggles around then after it stops wiggling a flag shoots out of a guns its holding. Now here what isn't working. Since they used deformer to make the jack n box pop out and wiggle I don't know how to constrain the flag to the geometry that is being deformed or in short the flag to jack. If I try to constrain it nothing happens. I know nothing happens because since the object is being moved by a deformer the translate and rotate values aren't changing.

I know that if they created blendshapes at the beging then we wouldn't have to problems so does anyone else have anyother ideas for a quick fix without starting over with blendshapes.

Hope I made scense. Thanks

john_homer
04-05-2006, 03:09 AM
there is a script called rivet.mel

I'm pretty sure its on highend3d.com.

.j

MikeRhone
04-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Or use a follicle... VERY cool way to constrain an object to your objects surface via a UV coordinate.

m

maverickkk
04-09-2006, 06:21 PM
or you could also just select the point you want the object to be constrained with and create a particle emmiter (emit from object) and delete the particle. now parent your object to the emmiter

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2006, 06:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.