PDA

View Full Version : What can I do to the Background?

Runecaster
04-04-2006, 02:40 AM
I just sucked at these clouds - though to be perfectly honest it was like 15 minutes tops -- I didn't want to use the smudge tool - can't I get good clouds by just painting? hehe

I just have NO IDEA how to do it, technique wise...

Anyway, any ideas on what I can do for a background? It is just fanart... nothing special.

Can I even post Fanart here?

(Totoro is (c) Studio Ghibli)

offbeatworlds
04-04-2006, 04:21 AM
Steven Stahlberg wrote an excellent tutorial on painting clouds.

Here's the link:

http://www.androidblues.com/cloudtut.html

Good luck!

Runecaster
04-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Wow, thanks a ton - I doubt I could have found that excellent tutorial by searching through the multitudes alone.

I have class today but will try it out this afternoon, thanks!!

Runecaster
04-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Ok well - the tutorial was lovely, but he kind of assumes you know HOW to do some stuff, so I was a little in the dark haha! Techniques are still coming to me, I am soooo new - but this is about 40 minutes here... and it's OK - better than what I had, for sure.

I just... am a mess I guess! lol

offbeatworlds
04-04-2006, 06:15 PM
The background is definitely better! Good job. I also like how the atmosphere is reflected in the color of shade on the bunny guy. One thing I would suggest for the bunny guy, though, is to added little discreet highlights that look like fur. Just little streaks going from up to down, just where the light would be hitting. Don't over do it though.

Good work so far, keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2006, 06:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.