PDA

View Full Version : Wierd aliasing problem when importing EPS or AI files

Stormy151
04-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Ok, so I am working with some text that I created in Illustrator. I import it into AE, and I get aliasing, similar to text in photoshop. As the EPS and AI files import as vectors, they should be sharp, right? The resolution is set to Full in AE, and the layers are on "Best" quality.

I am using the 5.5 Pro Bundle version of AE.

Mylenium
04-04-2006, 05:47 AM
As the EPS and AI files import as vectors, they should be sharp, right?

Wrong. AE will interpret the files at the resolution they were created and vector oversampling at 72 dpi isn't that much if you come to think of it (assuming you created your graphics at this rez). You are forgetting that AE still works with pixel data even for vector files - it creates an initial pixel buffer that matches the bounding box sice of the vector file. However, you can use "continuously rasterize/ collapse transformations" to force it to re-calculate the rasterization permanently and indded this will give you sharper edges.

Mylenium

suztv
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
There might be a fix that you haven't tried. In your comp timeline, click on the star icon at the top. Please see the JPG. Also keep in mind this may slow preview render time - so only enable it when you go to render...

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.