PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120m with Latitude D820 performance?

mistafreeze
04-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Whats the visual difference between WXGA compared to the WUXGA on a laptop.

with of course the difference in resolution and dell's glossly, is the picture degraded? I ask because you can still pick up some dell e1705's with 7800's but they all have just WXGA whilst you can buy the WUXGA laptops with ATI x1400 only, And i do not want that card at all. Any help would be great?

Rainer K
04-30-2006, 10:05 PM
I would also be very interested in any feedback from people out there with the Quadro NVS 120M...ie the Dell Latitude D820

Anyone?

IronhideNT
07-30-2006, 07:05 AM
Hi guys...I've actually bought this machine with those specs...I'm typing on it right now! What can I do to fully test this with Maya? So far I'm getting strange flickering issues here and there...

however with some high-poly models, turning on hardware rendering seems to cope alright.

BRUTICUS
07-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Whats the visual difference between WXGA compared to the WUXGA on a laptop.

with of course the difference in resolution and dell's glossly, is the picture degraded? I ask because you can still pick up some dell e1705's with 7800's but they all have just WXGA whilst you can buy the WUXGA laptops with ATI x1400 only, And i do not want that card at all. Any help would be great?

I think the WUXGA is a bit brighter and looks nicer but you do get more glare and is very difficult to see if you are on a patio outside in the daytime or something.

have one and i'm happy with it anyways since im almost always inside with it.

CGTalk Moderation
07-30-2006, 01:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.