PDA

View Full Version : First WIP here on CGsociety :)

Runecaster
04-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey guys! Well, after meandering through a few threads I believe it's time to get my feet wet here. I don't have any version less 'completed' than this one - but I am positive I could do better, so I would appreciate any and all comments and more importantly, critiques, on what I can do better!

I am very new to digital painting, just started a few months ago (Nov 05) and in Jan 06 I began taking a Drawing 101 class - but I've been working with Photoshop for 6+ years.

Anyway, have at me! :)

pierrebixquert
04-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi LabyrinthineMind.
Like your image,
I think I that you must give a little him more profused, darker the zone of the sky.
I have allowed myself to modify your image and to make two changes to explain better my idea
I hope not to bother and to help.

http://www.japp3d.com/change.jpg

Runecaster
04-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Oh, WOW - thank you - I understand what you mean, that is incredible!

Ok, I have class this morning but I will try something this afternoon - thanks a ton!!

Runecaster
04-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Ok, here I tried some tweaking - is this any better?

offbeatworlds
04-05-2006, 03:06 AM
You know, those clouds look a little more like a space ship entering into atmo than real clouds, no offense.

You keep complaining you don't understand technique for painting. Well, that takes practice and adjustment. Everyone works differently. The key though is to start with big brushes and block in the shape roughly, than work with medium ones to refine, and small ones to detail, in that order. Don't go into details too quickly, cause it will mess up your painting before you finish.

Also concentrate on negative space. This is the space that surrounds the positive space (or the subject). If you study the shape of the negative space as well as the positive, it will greatly improve your shapes in general.

Have fun and good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2006, 03:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.