PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Ideas for Tutorials and Workshops!

Rebeccak
04-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi everyone,

Please post your ideas for Tutorials and Workshops here. I am not saying that I myself would be creating these Tutorials, I'm only trying to get a sense of what people are interested in seeing here. :) Someone who sees a suggestion for a Tutorial here and would like to create one is more than welcome to do so! :)

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to create and post their own Tutorials. I just ask that you follow this standard naming convention when you create at Tutorial thread:

TUTORIAL - *What It's About* - by *Your Name*

I am also open to ideas about the types of Workshops you would like to see. Bear in mind that not everything can be done, nor done at once, but I am definitely eager to entertain any good suggestions. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Jack Shannon
04-03-2006, 08:00 PM
I want one on how to paint different kinds of textures.

Rebeccak
04-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Jack,

It looks like one is on it's way soon from zhuzhu. :)

Cheers,

- Rebeccak

BurtS
04-04-2006, 04:24 PM
I can place tutorial with character animation system made with Autodesk MotionBuilder Pro 7.5 free with Gypsy5 and animazoo.com BVHdata.

Rebeccak
04-04-2006, 04:29 PM
BurtS,

Hey, that would be awesome, thank you! :)

You might want to create the original Tutorial here:

Application Specific (3D Specialty)
Alias/Autodesk MotionBuilder (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=85)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=85

And then post a link to your Tutorial here on the Anatomy Forum Tutorials Forum. :) At the moment, most people on the forum are 2D oriented, but I would love to see more 3D related things here as well. Thank you for your offer! :thumbsup:

Cheers, :)

- Rebeccak

Rebeccak
04-05-2006, 03:53 AM
Jack,

Zhuzhu was kind enough to post a Texturing Tips Tutorial here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=3422452#post3422452

*Rebeccak

Corvax
04-08-2006, 11:18 PM
how about doing a traditional/digital modeling workshop ?

It seams with the speed of Zbrush, one is actually able to do 3d digital studies, and it might be interesting for the anatomy forum to venture down this path (possibly also exposing the forum more to 3d artist's).
it could be something really simple .. like modeling the human skull or a human hand.

it would be something I would be interested in seeing and participating in.

- David René.

Rebeccak
04-19-2006, 06:04 AM
David,

Check out the following Challenge, just posted:

THE HARDCORE MODELING CHALLENGE #1: The David (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=347627)
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=347627

Umm...they're not modeling you...:D ;)

Let me know if you participate! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

Rebeccak
04-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Coming soon to the Anatomy Forum:

Workshop : Digital Anatomy Sculpture 1! – The human hand - With Simo Roth

Starting Tuesday 25th: Ending Tuesday 9th of May

Rebeccak
04-24-2006, 11:30 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/ZBrush%20Workshop/ZBrush-Workshop-Announce.jpg (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=349973)

Anyone is welcome to join the:

>>Workshop: Digital Anatomy Sculpture 1! The human hand - With Simon Roth<< (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=349973)

Click Link or Image to be taken to the Workshop on the Anatomy Forum. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Rebeccak
07-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in hearing your ideas for Workshops here on the Anatomy Forum. While I can't make any guarantees as to what is run and when, I am totally open to suggestions!

Also, if you would like to run a Workshop here on the Forum, be it 2D or 3D, please post your ideas here and let me know! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

RobertoOrtiz
07-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Some ideas

50 Dynamic poses (And the poses would have to express some sort of emotion.)
Skin Shading tips and tricks
Eyes, eyes & more more eyes (100 expressive eyes)

SulaMoon
07-11-2006, 12:11 PM
RobertoOrtiz said it all =)

or Almost!
I would love to see a 50 hands & feet workshop, also.

RobertoOrtiz
07-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks SulaMoon,
And GREAT idea.
But I would make it
100 expressive hands & feet

to sweeten the pot.

architectus
07-11-2006, 04:26 PM
for a work shop it might be cool to do a masters landscape and architecture. Maybe with some small human figures in the painting.

you know what would be really wild, is an H. R. Giger workshop! Man that would be great to see how people paint his stuff.

Or a workshop on master painters that did creatures, like dragons. Artist like Boris Vallejo, Giger, and I cannot think of others right now.

For tutorials I love to see how people work, anyone who has camtasia or another screen capturing program can make a video of them painting. Does not have to be a painting from start to finish, maybe 15 minutes on the beginning process, 15 on the middle process and 15 on the finishing process, this way someone gets a good idea how someone works with digital painting. They would get to hear the artist talk and explain as they paint, see what brushes they choose, and the brush settings, and most importantly see their every stroke.

I think this is better than those super fast videos with no sound. Camtasia can make pretty small video files, with the techsmith and mp3 for audio.

I am thinking about doing a video to help beginners overcome the big hurdle I had to overcome. The common problems I ran into and how I solved them.

I would really love to see someone painting in Painter IX, because I am new to this software, and I would like to see what brushes they choose and so forth.

If anyone especially beginners are interested in seeing a video step by step let me know, this will motivate me to make one. And what you would like mostly to see in the video.

RobertoOrtiz
07-13-2006, 07:34 AM
MUYBRIDGE"S (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=anatomy%20in%20motion%20muybridge&sp=1&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-web-t400&SpellState=n-1761841731_q-2aBbrgoQzR.9SHcJE1iBMAABAA@@&fr2=tab-web) ANATOMY in MOTION

or how about,

CLOTH & DRAPERIES

Mavrick71
07-26-2006, 01:52 AM
You know what would be really cool

"classes" on digital painting using OpenCanvas(only because they could be interactive)
A "class" for Painter IX and Photoshop, with lessons, assignments, and feedback.

SulaMoon
07-26-2006, 09:04 PM
hm, ok, here goes nothing

First, sorry about my English! Ill try to be as clear as possible.
Also, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I think it fits nicely in a workshop idea.

I was talking with my friends at work here, about how art can look alike but how its impossible to them to be the same! So, we had this idea some time ago, just to prove this.

We would like to gather a lot of people that work with images, both 2d and 3d. Then, we have a real detailed description of a image. Like, "a woman, around 20 years old, with white cloth of silk, standing against the wind in a mountain cenario, with flowers around her...". The more detailed the better, can't really describe in English, sorry.

So, everyone works on the image. At the end, we would put them together to see how each artist expressed the idea on the description...

A bit pointless maybe, but would work nicely to see how each one works, and ask yourself "oh, why I didnt think of that?"

Rebeccak
07-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Everyone, thanks for your suggestions! Please keep them coming! :)

SulaMoon,

I really like your idea a lot! Let me think about this and try to come up with some guidelines for a (tentative) future Workshop. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

gilgamesh828
07-27-2006, 11:18 PM
For one, i'd really like to continue the "heads" workshop theme -- sttudying different body parts from master drawings, sculptures and paintings. It's been fun, low-stress and rewarding for me anyway. I'm totally fired up about getting back to my anatomy study now. Some specific ideas would be:

-- Hands
-- Feet
-- The male torso
-- The female torso
-- Arms
-- Legs
-- Drapery

The above would work well in 3D, (zbrush or mudbox)

Other ideas:

Still life copies from masters
Cast copies from Charles Barque
Bridgeman
Painting and drawing studies the skeleton, human and animal
Sistine Chapel -- lots of material there!

I'd also like to do some more studies from Rockwell, Leyendecker and some modern realists, some studies from Weistling and Richard Schmid and some in-depth studies of Baroque sculpture, like a Michelangelo or Bernini Pieta for example, if good reference source could be found. I'm also really into Caravaggio, Bougereau, Gerome or David.... so any study of their work would be heaven!

Cheers-

Elsie
07-28-2006, 01:33 PM
This is looking great! You know, your and Zephyri's pieces plus Sula Moon's recent recommendation (http://showpost.php?p=3738496&postcount=18) are making me think that we should do a more imaginative take on the OFDWs. If you have any suggestions, please post them here:
We would like to gather a lot of people that work with images, both 2d and 3d. Then, we have a real detailed description of a image. Like, "a woman, around 20 years old, with white cloth of silk, standing against the wind in a mountain cenario, with flowers around her...". The more detailed the better, can't really describe in English, sorry.

So, everyone works on the image. At the end, we would put them together to see how each artist expressed the idea on the description...
Everyone, thanks for your suggestions! Please keep them coming! :)

SulaMoon,

I really like your idea a lot! Let me think about this and try to come up with some guidelines for a (tentative) future Workshop. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

I think it's a great idea to have a more creative theme to the OFDW's - though maybe a bit less specific than SulaMoon suggested. For instance, the one I am (belatedly) doing at the moment (OFDW01), the ever fabulous Sam Hogg also did and adapted to her own piece; funnily enough, we both did wings, very likely because the pose was perfect for that. So maybe that one could have been themed "with wings" - it gives a much wider scope for creativity and interpretation.

Also, just in general, I would really like to see the figure drawing ones make a comeback - the master copies are great, but I really never felt inclined to do more than one, for various reasons which I can't really be bothered to go into right now unless I have to ;)!

Rebeccak
07-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Ailsa,

Thanks for the suggestions! I have posted a poll here regarding the content of the OFDWs ~ I would encourage everyone to go and vote! :)

Poll: How do you feel about the content of Open Figure Drawing Workshops (OFDWs)? (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=386809)

EDIT: I had to revamp the poll, Ailsa and razz are encouraged to vote again since I ditched the original thread. Sorry guys. ;)

~RK

gilgamesh828
07-28-2006, 06:20 PM
How about taking a single painting (like the Mona Lisa just as an example) and attempting to paint it in the style of a number of other artists? The Mona Lisa if Van Gogh had painted it, or Picasso or Duccio or Monet, etc. That would be a challenge.... and would require some research and study as well....

Just a thought.

Zapan
07-28-2006, 06:34 PM
One thing it might be interesting and funny , would be something about face expressions ...
I mean each time I spend lot of time on the net searching the right expression on faces to illustrate the right feeling I'm reaching for ....
Anger , rage , tiny smile , grin , laugh , curiosity , surprise etc...
If I remember correctly , Stahlberg did that once on one of his model , and i was really impressive ... I guess it could be easily accessible to both 3d and 2d and maybe it would help people to understand the face muscles setup ...

Plus I think we could have a great time since the human face could do some really weird and funny (and scary) faces ...

Anyway just a thought ... :)

Rebeccak
07-28-2006, 06:36 PM
These are all really great ideas guys! Please keep them coming! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Rebeccak
07-28-2006, 07:16 PM
One thing too that I am thinking about with reference to the Open Figure Drawing Workshops is asking Hong if he might take images of a model posing in the same pose as a figure in a Master Work. Then if multiple reference shots were taken, this might help 3D Artists to model the figure, as well as 2D Artists to get a real life perspective on the reference.

This is just an idea, and would be totally up to Hong if he could do this. I'll ask him about it soon. :)

EDIT: This seems okay by Hong, he thinks the easiest would be to do a simple standing nude / similar to a sculpture.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Casualblue
08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Many seem to have a problem with accurate light and shadow studies, so perhaps that would be a good topic to explore. A discussion topic/workshop where people discuss the rules and theories of the study of light and shadows in its simple and complex form and practice it. :)

shyamshriram
08-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Lots of great suggestions here :)
i just thought about something...most of the artists have the problem with foreshortning (including me)..so can we have a workshop specially designed for Forshortning? we can use few basic shapes to understand the foreshortning properly..and in later stage we can use few photograph which is specially taken in such a way that we can study the foreshortning..we can draw lines on the photograph itself..like slices..so that it can be easy to understand..hope im making my point clear :/
and i've one more suggestion..how about making self portait in a Master Artist style? we can use the same dress code if anyone wants...

Thanx for reading :)

Rebeccak
09-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Hello all,

I would like to get your feedback on this thread:

The Curriculum? - Potential Team Project for Teaching the Basics of Art (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=409926)
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=409926

Please post your comments and suggestions there, thank you! :)

Cheers,

-Rebeccak

Rivulet
11-04-2006, 02:37 PM
I'd like to propose a tutorial that would break down the anatomy into basic shapes. I've been looking around for a while and i've seen quite a few similar ones but always incomplete or strange. It would basically indicate how to go about drawing the proportions of each body part in relation to each other. Like, the body length is 8x the head and the shoulders would be located 1/2 or 1/3 the area of the head lower and they would be place 2/3 the head apart from the edges. The wrist would be so and so compared to the upper arm. Something like that. Also the shapes that define the parts. Circles and cylinders are almost always used to define the limbs and head but I need to know those that define the torso, hips, etc.

I'm a total newbie at anatomy and I can only manage, if i'm lucky, to get to the waist. And that's based on "does this look right?". A tutorial like the one I mentioned would be extremely helpful

oooh first post! :)

depleteD
11-23-2006, 06:38 AM
id like to see 1000 hands and feet workshop

aggie93
11-29-2006, 09:10 PM
One thing too that I am thinking about with reference to the Open Figure Drawing Workshops is asking Hong if he might take images of a model posing in the same pose as a figure in a Master Work. Then if multiple reference shots were taken, this might help 3D Artists to model the figure, as well as 2D Artists to get a real life perspective on the reference.

This is just an idea, and would be totally up to Hong if he could do this. I'll ask him about it soon. :)

EDIT: This seems okay by Hong, he thinks the easiest would be to do a simple standing nude / similar to a sculpture.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Reb - I really like this idea. I would like to see any OFDW now that I have digital art software and have practiced.

Zephyri
12-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Oh! I second the 100 hands and feet workshop! Great idea!

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2006, 10:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.