PDA

View Full Version : gargoyle done! and lets not talk about it anymore!

marioucci
12-25-2001, 08:14 PM
gargoyle (http://sites.uol.com.br/loganarts/gargoyledone.htm)

hey artists,

thats it! the scene is done...
im not happy with it but ill show you anyway so you can say what u think(if u want to:))
im gonna start the challenge model now.
see ya!

Bytehawk
12-25-2001, 08:21 PM
if you want him to look scarier :

1. position the camera below the character so the viewer is looking up to him
2. light him from underneath for an extra ghostly look
3. rim lighting is important on shotsl like this
4. make the pose a little more natural

just some advice...

good start though

:D

bassaminator
12-26-2001, 03:35 PM
Its a good start but you're not doing your modeling justice. From the modeling perspective: the wings are too thick and 'heavy' looking- It makes it seem like the gargoyle is miniture or that the wings are going to make him fall backwards. The model itself other than the wings has some nice detail- as seen in your previous posts. But he needs to be lit so you can see him (rim lighting was suggested) and posed in a natural way- gargoyles like to crowch(sp?) and this guy is sitting with his legs together- looks more like a prim debutante than a gargoyle. and the arms are straight out in the modelling pose.
Seriously: It looks like you spent a long time on the modelling of most of him, then rushed the wings and the lighting and the texturing and the posing.
Just my 2 cents. Hope I didn't come down on you too strong (the only reason I did was because I have a tencency to do the same thing)
good luck with the challenge model- I'm working on mine right now.:D

Iain McFadzen
12-27-2001, 12:02 AM
The model looks pretty good from what I can make out, but that is a terrible render. It's too dark to make the model out properly, and so too dark to give any constructive crits.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.