PDA

View Full Version : FR2 for Mac...

SRCobb
04-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a progress update at the end of March?
Nothing in the Cebas forums.
I'm feeling jilted.

Ernest Burden
04-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Have you emailed Cebas directly? That's probably the next step. Ask them respectfully for a pubic update on the state of the project.

TonyL
04-03-2006, 06:10 PM
If you have pre-ordered FR2 for the Mac (assuming that it is FR2 that you are finally going to get), it should not be necessary to chase Cebas for your order.

However, this is the modern world and we frequently have to chase people for the information that is their responsibility to supply.

TL

SRCobb
04-03-2006, 10:33 PM
I especially wouldn't think I'd have to chase them for info after thelast official statement from them was an update at the end of March. I'm actually surprised that I didn't see a lot more disappointed people either here or on the Cebas forums. I know that there are others out there waiting as well.

ooo
04-04-2006, 12:30 PM
To defend myself against (another) disappointment I cancelled my preorder for FR2 Mac a few weeks ago. I was surprised they didn't even try to pursuade me to keep faith. So I guess the Mac-version is still a long way to go...

odo

JamesMK
04-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Have you emailed Cebas directly? That's probably the next step. Ask them respectfully for a pubic update on the state of the project.
I'm not entirely sure that pubic updates would be desirable :D There are other, more shady sites for such stuff...

That aside, all I know is that they are working very intensively on the Mac release

Ernest Burden
04-04-2006, 12:58 PM
To defend myself against (another) disappointment I cancelled my preorder for FR2 Mac a few weeks ago. I was surprised they didn't even try to pursuade me to keep faith. So I guess the Mac-version is still a long way to go...

Or perhaps they simply respect their customers enough to not argue with them.

ooo
04-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Or perhaps they simply respect their customers enough to not argue with them.

I'm not gonna argue on this with you, but I'm not very amused by the way Cebas is keeping contact with their customers. A little update now and then would heve been nice. Is it too much trouble to send out a mail with information once in a while? I know there is some blog with updates, but I think it would be very userfriendly and respectfull to keep them actively informed! The reply from Cebas on my cancellation was kind of "non-interested" instead of "sorry but everything is gonna be okay soon".

odo

nycL45
04-04-2006, 01:54 PM
...I know there is some blog with updates, but I think it would be very userfriendly and respectfull to keep them actively informed!...odo

The blog, which I visit frequently along with forum trips, has provided minimal info such as images, moving on to the RC stage, SP3, etc. Postings are erratic and infrequent. No response to forum posts. Another D and D company.

Regarding the second half of your quote: I agree with you but with the app industry they do not believe in "treat the customer as you wish the customer to talk about your company".

Ernest Burden
04-04-2006, 02:51 PM
The blog, which I visit frequently along with forum trips...

Where is that blog, again?

Odo--I didn't mean to make light of your frustration. I agree with you that they have been less communicative than we thought they would be. I don't understand where these software companies get the impression that we are an infinately patient bunch. We are not. Remember--raisen on MTV short-attention, instant gratification generation? Well I'm a little older, but you get the point. I think the fear of a competitor getting word on what they're doing is scaring them off, but all they're doing is angering customers like yourself.

I was obviously making reference to nextLimit, who have not even responed to my emails asking to cancel my pre-order of Maxwell. At least your request was honored promptly.

AdamT
04-04-2006, 02:56 PM
The beta blog is here http://blog.zoobox.co.uk/ but there's very little info. about fR-2 there.

I have been disappointed with Cebas' communication. They had a really bad reputation in the Max community, but early on they seemed to have improved with regard to fR-2. Obviously it didn't take them long to return to form.

ooo
04-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Where is that blog, again?

Odo--I didn't mean to make light of your frustration. I agree with you that they have been less communicative than we thought they would be. I don't understand where these software companies get the impression that we are an infinately patient bunch. We are not. Remember--raisen on MTV short-attention, instant gratification generation? Well I'm a little older, but you get the point. I think the fear of a competitor getting word on what they're doing is scaring them off, but all they're doing is angering customers like yourself.

I was obviously making reference to nextLimit, who have not even responed to my emails asking to cancel my pre-order of Maxwell. At least your request was honored promptly.

No problem Ernest! I guess you are right about that e-mail communication. With NL it was also for me a hopeless fight to get an thruthfull answer, with Cebas at least I got what I asked for, and they didn't even have my money yet. So we're all in the same boat here. Ok lesson learned as a customer, now let's hope these companies learn their lesson too! Do they have a choice if they want to survive?

odo

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2006, 04:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.