PDA

View Full Version : flowy ribbon/graphical air strip like animation

sephquartz
04-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Hello!

I'm a new maya user, and i need help for one of this project i'm currently working on.

Basically i shot a live footage of human doing stuff. and i will composite a 3d animation into the live footage with after effects later on.

i'm trying to get a flowy ribbon effect, as in flow of air strips and that sort. the idea is that the strips are basically "graphical air" form whirling around the human.

i constructed a path and attached a plane to follow the path(together with the flow path option). everything works fine except that i cant get the plane to twist and turn. the plane flow in one general direction and face in according to the path that i constructed. i tried to rotate it but apparently after adding the flow path option i have to manually rotate the lattice and adding auto keyframe one by one. its a very tedious process with undesirable result.

is there an easier way to achieve this effect?

thanks in advance :)

sephquartz
04-03-2006, 03:11 PM
ops wrong thread, i'll repost in maya section. can the moderator please erase this post

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2006, 03:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.