PDA

View Full Version : Troubles with Rendering process and times of Batch Bake

smoluck
04-03-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm currently doing Some lightpmap Bake rendering, I've notice that the Mental Ray Batch bake just use 1 cpu .. and seem's to do lot of process either if you want to bake shadow map at 8 X 8 pixel or 1024 X 1024 pixel image. I can't knew how much does it take long. I'm gonna be crazy. I've notice that from long time ago, and I really hate the rendering process in maya for all that troubles.

Any idea to improve my rendering times, and workflow ?

for information the baked mesh as just 4 K triangle and all the scene was about 60 K triangle. I use Raytracing Because I need to bake Trees shadows from Alpha shader into that shadow map.

no-one knows a good detailed tutorial to Bake Ambient and shadow/lightmap with that tool ?

Apparently the Postprocess of the render use only one CPU to compute and take 20 mins long.. after Mental ray goes and my 2 cpu was used. and the render just need 15 mins to get finished, and the last rendering process goes to only One CPU and take 2 mins to finish.

Really bizarre or not ? Does the Batch Bake doesn't use the full power of Multithreading system or that a bug in my scene ?

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2006, 10:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.