PDA

View Full Version : Book Cover : David and the Wizard

snorthul
04-03-2006, 04:09 AM
Hi everyone.

I've been painting in Photoshop for awhile, but by painting grayscale and then colorizing. I started this book cover in the same way and ended by trying to paint in a more traditional way.

This is pretty much finished, but I would really like people to tear it apart. I am aware of many perspective issues and such, but I would appreciate comments on anything good or bad about this pic.

I plan on doing many more paintings very soon, although I don't have a lot of time....i found the new style of painting I have been trying is very fun and relaxing.

I would also love color suggestions...i'm partially color blind...meaning, I have difficulties with close colors (at least it was enough to not let me be a pilot)

Thanks for taking time to look at my stuff.

X@nder
04-03-2006, 12:46 PM
im not very good,but i have a few crits..

the old mans hair looks fake, his beard looks like its just been stuck on.
i dont if its becuase of the hair, but the old mans head looks too big.
the boys socks, look like they merge into the shoes, maybe change the color of the sock?

they are the only things that really stick out to me :p

snorthul
04-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks X@nder,

Looking at it I can see you are right. I am probably going to re-work both characters to integrate them better with the background...which means, I'll rework the wizard.

I don't think that the head is too large though. I am pretty sure it is because of the hair...I will scale his head a bit to see if it changes anything.

I will probably change the shoes instead of the socks...maybe to a blue or black.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

snorthul
04-13-2006, 03:39 AM
Well, I guess that other than X@nder's comments, nothing needed fixing on this pic, so I submitted it.

The author of the book really liked it, so that is a good thing.

Thanks to everyone who looked and gave me critiques.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2006, 03:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.