PDA

View Full Version : userRunTimeCommands

InvaZimm
04-02-2006, 10:43 PM
currently scripting up an installer for a script I wrote. this installer will create a marking menu and hotkeys for the using the actual tool, for better ui capabilities. at the current moment I one step away from being complete, or at least I feel that it is.

my problem is that after all the necessary info for setting up the marking menu and hotkeys are writen out to their repsective files and maya is restarted in order for Maya to recognize the new info, the code that was added to the userRunTimeCommands.mel file seem to be deleted even tho they are key for the setup to function. does anyone know how to keep this deletion from happening? I am so close to finishing this, just have this little snag..

tciny
04-02-2006, 10:51 PM
You cant directly write to a config mel file while maya is running because it'll save its preferences when quitting, thus overwriting the infos you added.
Use the respective commands to register your stuff directly with Maya at runtime.

InvaZimm
04-04-2006, 06:44 AM
thanks for the heads up tciny. was a little confused with it at first, but then came across the right commands to get it to work.

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2006, 06:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.