PDA

View Full Version : combining multiple clips shot from same angle

immolatus
04-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Hello,

I thought this was easy to figure out but after 2.5 hours, I can say that I have failed. I have placed my camera in my bedroom and shot myself couple of times. Now I want to merge those files. So in the final footage I will have 3-4 of me doing various things. I played with time effects and blending modes but couldn't manage to come up with solid look. Any help is greatly appereciated.

Note: if it is possible I don't want to delete certain parts of layers so that layer below is visible.

Thanks

evanfotis
04-02-2006, 07:26 PM
From what I understand, you want to make a movie where the camera is shooting at the room and versions of you like clones are doing things in front...
You gotta mask out yourself - both keying and masking/roto will be needed.
If the camera is static in all shots you did, then the bg is the same. If you have a shot with ONLY the bg room without you, you can use it as a colour difference matte in the other layers with the various shots of yourself. This will create a matte which will eliminate the bg from those layers and only the lower most one will not have a matte applied.

Hope its what you need.

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2006, 07:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.