PDA

View Full Version : critique - silly run

marioucci
12-27-2002, 05:04 AM
Hello animators,

Please critique my silly run cycle...
it took me 30 min to do it using TUDORīs RIG and CHARACTER(thanks tudor).

I had an instant fever to animate so i took this rig and did it.
lemme know what u think ok??

SILLY RUN CYCLE (http://www.3dluvr.com/loganarts/silly.avi) - 85kb

cheers
loggie

thesaint
12-30-2002, 03:43 AM
It's fun. The hips need more swing, especially for that kind of leg extension. I like that shoulder pushing forward like that, but the arms seems just a touch too stiff. Let the elbows move back and forth a little more than they are now, it will not take away from the stiffness you are looking for because any movement less than a full swing here is going to look quite rigid. Give more movement foward than backward will also help it look stiff without being too rigid.

Also, you never seem to quite get out of the squash phase. He could probably use a little more stretch. Looking at it again i think you need to let the knee strighten up, it remains bent the whole time which makes him look squashed and helps to loose some of the weight that looks like should be there. In both the forward and backward extensions. If he has to lift a little more that would be fine too.

Otherwise and not withstanding my opinons, it seems quite fun to watch. Was there any purpose, or just for practice??

Try one with the chin held high and the arms fully swinging, letting the head swing be the secondary motion. Just for kicks!!

marioucci
12-30-2002, 04:24 AM
Hello thesaint,

thank u for such precise input.
i took note of what u said and gonna remember that. thank u.
i did it just for practice... i can cant on my fingers(both hand and feet) the # of animations i did so far so i need to practie the more i can:)

thanks again,

loggie

Maximus Groff
12-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Post a link for TUDORS rig... ;)

Very funny cycle .. LOL.. ;)

Rogue
12-30-2002, 10:08 PM
I think the arms should move at least a little bit. Also, his feet don't really look as if they are stepping...there's not really any evidence of placing weight on the forward foot.

That's a really entertaining walk. Well, it's sort of like a jog or trot. Nevertheless, it's cool.

thesaint
12-31-2002, 06:18 AM
Looking forward to seeing more of this walk, and others for that matter.

hint hint, nudge nudge....

I always enjoy watching the efforts of others!!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.