PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush into Vue Infinite

zaxxon
04-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Zbrush is a great way to model and texture, there are great examples of converting the texture and displacements to most rendering packages. I have done some searching for solutions to take the Zfiles into vue with no success. Anyone have any info here?

mwalter1
04-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Wish I did. I won a copy of Zbrush, but so far have done nothing with it.

czarnyrobert
04-06-2006, 06:20 PM
What are the 3D formats used by ZBrush for export?

I am curious about this software, but can it really create complex 3D objects and export them in some common file format (OBJ, 3DS, LWO) ???

I heard that it does just a "virtual 3D" that can not be exported outside ZBrush - is that true?

zaxxon
04-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Here is a link to Pixologic's forum displaying numerous solutions to 'pipeline' with the major renderers:

http://206.145.80.239/zbc/showthread.php?t=20310

I am new to Vue, and understand that there are no 'displacements' in Vue, so maybe this will be a question when Vue 6 comes out. Otherwise Zbrush exports obj. geometry, and most major image formats.

I have seen your work. Most impressive.

Cheers.

Sequent
04-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I noticed this thread because I have the same questions and plans... fwiw, there IS a demo available at the pixologic site, that may or may not answer some questions.

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2006, 07:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.