PDA

View Full Version : wretched dragon

Silje
04-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Don't think I've ever posted anything in here, so I guess you could say I'm a bit nervous.. kinda :P

Jeje, at least this is the thing. Been working on this old tired dragon on and off for quite some time now, and still feel there is a lot of things to fix and make better. What I'm most uncertain of is the light, I really suck at getting lights and shadows right.

http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/74231/74231_1143936299_large.jpg

soo, I'll ask you to please give some c's, no matter what they are. The idea is to get this thing finished, but right now I just cant seem to get any way. I'm stuck...

Lamster
04-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Okay, I'll give it a shot then. I think your dragon is alright. It looks like you have the basic idea and mood down. As you have mentioned, the lighting and the shading are what will decide the mood for the picture.

I suggest you create a background for him. Is he in a cave? If it is so, where is the entrance of the cave? Are there any light sources? Or Perhaps he is in Dragon Street, where he is crouched in an alleyway between 2 buildings. Or you could forego the physical approach entirely and try out a more graphic style where you have a backdrop. Right now, honestly, those few sketchy lines for the bg aren't doing much justice to your character line art which is quite good.

I'm not sure if this is of much help though.

Terence

hef
04-02-2006, 08:54 PM
what about some small wings on him/her? dragons have to have wings don't they? only he's old and tired so they'd have probably shriveled up through lack of use! :)

nice idea too, and as the previous poster suggested, i hope you're gonna throw in a background to really set the mood!

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2006, 08:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.