PDA

View Full Version : intializing after effect and photoshop in premiere 6.5

kk01
04-01-2006, 09:00 PM
i think i am begining to understand the paradigm of the premiere programme. thank you guyz...

i also have photoshop and aftereffect loaded on my computer...but my problem is how do i initialize photoshop and after-effect in premiere...arent they supposed to come in as some kind of plug-in...

another thing i'll like to know is how do i apply effects to still pictures in after-effect

regards,
'kk'

Mylenium
04-02-2006, 01:00 PM
i also have photoshop and aftereffect loaded on my computer...but my problem is how do i initialize photoshop and after-effect in premiere...arent they supposed to come in as some kind of plug-in...

Definitely not. Both are standalone apps. You can edit your stuff however directly using the various "open with" and "send to" functions. If the programs aren't open, they will be launched and the respective files transfered. You can also open Premiere projects in AE.

another thing i'll like to know is how do i apply effects to still pictures in after-effect
regards,
'kk'

The same way you apply them to clips or image sequences. What's so difficult abou that?

Mylenium

kk01
04-02-2006, 04:21 PM
O! now I see...I just got the programme and I used to think that, that is how is how it works, like some kind of plug-in...nowI know..

my problem now is this...adobe premiere seems kinna easy for me to understand...but I dont understand even what to do in after effects...is there any website you know for some kind of beginners tutorial...

regards,
'kk'

Mylenium
04-02-2006, 05:59 PM
O! now I see...I just got the programme and I used to think that, that is how is how it works, like some kind of plug-in...nowI know..

my problem now is this...adobe premiere seems kinna easy for me to understand...but I dont understand even what to do in after effects...is there any website you know for some kind of beginners tutorial...

regards,
'kk'

How 'bout reading the manual or online help for a start? Not meaning to be rude or imply something, but assuming you spent 2000 bucks on an application suite, don't you think that you should consider such basic things first?

Mylenium

kk01
04-02-2006, 06:40 PM
...thank you very much for your time...i'd have done what you told me to do..but the problem is i dont have the manual...because the cd i.e after effect programme is corrupt...

i wanted to get another copy from the website but i was asked to pay a sum of almost $30 which i dont have...

i guess this happened becos since i had the programme i never used it until 3 days ago...

i really dont know if i'd be asking too much but can you send me a copy of the manual [i guess is in .pdf format]...i use the 6.0 version even if you have the 7.0 version it's all good...at least it explains the tools to me...

kindly post it to my e-mail address... krazypicasso@yahoo.com

regards,
'kk'

PS: will be more than glad if you did....

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2006, 06:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.