PDA

View Full Version : Questions by a Max user ...

JrDesign
04-01-2006, 08:31 AM
HI all!!

I'm a 3d max + vray user I'm happy with it but the great pain-in-the-ass is creating nature in it.
I see a banner here in cgtalk about vue infinite and I fallowed it. It looks like a very interesting program, especially the synchronization plugins ... but the thing that looks like even more interesting for me is this: Vue 5 xStream
I'm used in crossplatform way of workin so adding another software isnt that big trouble, anyway I have some questions:
_ "Open any Vue 5 Infinite scene directly inside Maya/Max": do you mean even the scene with EcoSystems ??
_ "Render everything in a single pass": do you mean that I can render in max using my vray plugin and the vue scene will be rendered at the same time with the objects in the max scene? and will the vue scene respect all the settings I set up in my vray plugins (hdri, gi, aa, ...)??
_ "[...] the ability to animate entire forests with wind and breeze, SolidGrowth vegetation [...]" do you mean I can animate it directly in max or have I to swap in vue for doing it? and animation with all that futures can be rendered using my vray plugin inside max??
_ "Any native lights can optionally affect the Vue elements", even IES lights?

maybe some of that answer are even on the site ... but I didnt find them!

Tnx for the help.
Cheers,
Teo.

JeffPatton
04-01-2006, 12:52 PM
"Open any Vue 5 Infinite scene directly inside Maya/Max": do you mean even the scene with EcoSystems ??Yes.

"Render everything in a single pass": do you mean that I can render in max using my vray plugin and the vue scene will be rendered at the same time with the objects in the max scene? and will the vue scene respect all the settings I set up in my vray plugins (hdri, gi, aa, ...)??Currently xStream (for 3dsmax) only supports Mental Ray.

the ability to animate entire forests with wind and breeze, SolidGrowth vegetation [...]" do you mean I can animate it directly in max or have I to swap in vue for doing it?You have to switch back to Vue to edit/animate Vue objects.

This thread might be helpful as well:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=310680&highlight=xstream

JrDesign
04-03-2006, 12:01 AM
too bad I cant use anyother render engine ... :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2006, 12:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.