PDA

View Full Version : ISO: High Poly Maya Tutorial

dirin
04-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Hi.. I was the one who origionally posted a thread just like this.. but for 3ds max..

Anyways.. I was wondering what method I should take in Maya to model something with a reference image.. I'm doing a character.. and i have reference images.. i just need to find a really good thorough tutorial on how to model a high poly character in maya.. Much like that of Tucks Entry in the Journey Challenge.

Thanks.

dirin
04-01-2006, 08:10 PM
oh come on.. someone has to have a nice little secret place they visit for high quality tutorials.. just like from my 3ds max thread. I have already checked the forum for maya tutorials.. and they all really sucked.

I want good ones.. like the joan of arc one for 3ds max. is there any for maya.. or is everyone secretive about how they use it..

Thanks for all that post.. I would really like some form of a post to this thread though.. thnx..

MrJames
04-02-2006, 01:23 PM
I don't think its a case of being secretive most people here share their knowledge. Most modelling tutorials can be used for Maya. For instnace the joan of arc tutorial can be done using Maya just look at the pictures and think what Maya tools would do the job best.

If you want it spoon fed and don't mind paying though you can get the Joan of Arc tutorial for Maya from 3DCreative magazine, just look for the back issues.

dirin
04-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Ok.. Thanks.. I'll look into it. ^.~

dirin
06-16-2006, 06:54 AM
*Bump*

I have found a great one for modeling from thehobbitguy.com, anyone have just as good of one similar, but more in depth for the common noob? its taking alot just to find out what to do.. etc.

Anyone have a tutorial that will benefit greatly from.. or learn the tools involved in doing something like that?

CGTalk Moderation
06-16-2006, 06:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.