PDA

View Full Version : Controling muscle deformations???

nemirc
12-26-2002, 05:10 PM
Hello everybody.

First of all, I am new here (and that's the reason why you haven't seen my here before).

I started working on a RIG for a character (using Maya) a couple of weeks ago. I've used Blendshapes to deform the muscles and then I set driven keys to control those deformations using the bones.
This meas a lot of work because I've seen myself in the need to setup driven keys for every deformed muscle.

I was wondering if there was a more "straight-forward" way to do this?
Or should I stick with the blendshapes?

I should mention I know nothing about MEL right now so I cannot write a "custom plugin" :rolleyes:

Thanks

And BTW, happy new year :beer:

twidup
12-30-2002, 07:11 AM
I am coming from LightWave into maya, and in LW, morphing was the easiest way, as it let you set up the exact shape you want the muscle to be. In maya, I am finding a LOT of different ways, clusters, wrap deformers, influence objects...it all depens how much time you want to take to set up the rig.

typical ways I have seen them setup are either with a deforming influence object under the skin, causing the bulge/stretch of the muslce, or a wrap deformer over the skin, doing the same thing.

-Todd

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.