PDA

View Full Version : referenceing cameras and command line rendering?

hyperSasquatch
03-31-2006, 07:05 PM
ive been trying to make a master set of my cameras that i could reference into all my scenes.. only problem is im getting an error i cant solve...

the command line is telling me this:
camera1_camshape.renderable is locked in the reference file and cannot be unlocked...

its really not locked in the reference file... none of the cameras are locked.. but what im assuming is happening is that the renderer overrides this attribute by either turning it on or off depending on my batch settings.. but its not allowed to enter the referenced file because its not a part of the scene...

any solutions for this ??

Droolz
11-23-2006, 02:03 PM
we're also getting this problem, the only solution so far is to import the references. Somewhat defating the point of the reference system.

Thewre are three other similar posts to this [probably more], but no help on the matter - anyone?

Cheers, Jules

Droolz
11-23-2006, 02:12 PM
FFound this on the support center:
Issue

When trying to render a scene with a referenced camera in command prompt with Maya 7.0 Render.exe, it will fail with an error message: Error: file:
C:/Alias/Maya7.0/scripts/others/removeRenderLayerAdjustmentAndUnlock.mel line 25: The attribute 'TES_cameraShape1.renderable' was locked in a referenced file, and cannot be unlocked.

This is because the scene references another scene with a camera. Since the camera is referenced, it is also locked.
Workaround

The workaround is to go to your installation directory "../Maya7.0/scripts/others/" and find the file removeRenderLayerAdjustmentAndUnlock.mel.
Change line 25 to:

string $objects[] = `ls -objectsOnly $attr`;
if( !`reference -isNodeReferenced $objects[0]`)
{
setAttr -lock 0 $attr;
}

So that referenced cameras are skipped on this process.

Resolution

A fix for this bug has been investigated and this bug is expected to be addressed, in whole or in part, in the subsequent Update or Upgrade release.

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2006, 02:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.