PDA

View Full Version : Self-Portrait painting WIP

DragonTU84
03-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey everyone! Wow, it seems like it's been FOREVER since I posted a WIP on here! Anyway, since I have had a little free time in between the stresses of college classes and homework, I thought I'd use that time to work on a new Photoshop digital painting! For this project, I decided to have the subject be a self-portrait. I am not sure what I am going to do for the pose, outfit, background, etc. yet, but I did get the chance to start on the face a little. So far, I just have the basic shape of the face, and the beginnings on the nose and mouth! Comments and Crits welcome, and I will continue to work on it when I get the chance!

The photo ref. is placed alongside the painting so far...

http://tiger.towson.edu/~cpare1/Painting-of-me.jpg

~Crystal~

JTD
03-31-2006, 07:55 PM
It looks good - realistic. But I hope you're...hey wait a minute. I've already replied to this!

DragonTU84
03-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Thanks JTD! Sorry, I did not realize I posted it twice! :shrug: I was having problems when trying to post it last night, since it said the server went down, so I did not think it actually posted it! Anyway, thanks for the compliment! I will just continue to post my progress in this one though, just disregard my first post. Dunno how to delete it....

Don't worry, though, the "red eyes" won't be included. It is just from a photograph anyway. It would be kinda freaky to include it, because I would look like some sort of demonic being!!! :twisted: Lol!

I will post more once I get the chance to work on it again! :D

~Crystal

DragonTU84
04-01-2006, 01:15 AM
Ok everyone, here is my latest update! Yeah, I work kinda slow, but it is so I can obtain the highest accuracy! :) Open still for comments and crits at this point... BTW, I am adding a little "eye shadow" above the eyes, so that is why the eyes vary a tad...

BTW, see JTD, I am not going to paint myself with demonic eyes, lol!

http://tiger.towson.edu/~cpare1/Me-painting!.jpg

~Crystal~

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2006, 01:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.