PDA

View Full Version : White Rooms/Scenes

just_p
12-26-2002, 02:15 PM
Hi,

On TV and in some people's renders I often see people in completely white rooms.

Here's an example:
http://www.whoswe.com/images/bugsy.jpg

It's a nice way to set things up and I was wondering what the best way to do it is.

I played around (in Cinema 4d) with the global light settings but I found that it just ended up knocking out the shadows.

Any tips appreciated.

- Kevin

aazimkhan
12-27-2002, 03:17 AM
hi..well what u could do is render your scene in 2 layers.
all yer models being on a simple white grid.

so do a normal render without shadows and then a render with only shadows.

then u can simply composite them in photoshop or combustion against a solid white background ...for more details maybe render a reflection pass too...like they have in the image u attached.

:)

Per-Anders
12-27-2002, 05:14 AM
if you're using cinema 4d then it's incredibly easy. just add a white material to your sky and floor (add a sky and floor here first of course) or to your room's walls and floor, then add a compositing tag (r8) or render tag if you're using version 7 to the floor and walls if you have any (you don't need to have walls to get this effect), and in the tags settings then switchi on "Compositing Background" and away you go. don't forget to have your lights cast shadows :) btw the material should just be white in teh colour channel, not the luminance channel. hope this helps :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.