PDA

View Full Version : render overscan?

mindsample
03-31-2006, 02:11 PM
How is it possible to render with overscan in Maya? The setting in the camera attributes is exactly what I am after, but only affects the GUI, how do I render a bigger region of the image without moving or adjusting the camera?

volXen
03-31-2006, 04:03 PM
I think you could use the camera scale parameter beneath focal length

mindsample
04-01-2006, 06:47 PM
I think you could use the camera scale parameter beneath focal length

Unfortunately not, using the camera scale involves perspective distortion wich I am exactly trying to avoid

tedious
04-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Unfortunately not, using the camera scale involves perspective distortion wich I am exactly trying to avoid

If you want a 10% wider field of view, just increase the camera's FOV by 10%. You could do it other ways, using a 10% larger horizontal and vertical device aperture, but they end up doing the same thing. FOV adjusts in Maya won't change perspective or simulate lens distortion. ie. if you crop the image down you have an identical bitmap compared to rendering 10% smaller image with 10% less FOV on the cam.

tedious

ftaswin
04-02-2006, 11:55 PM
I think what you area after is under cameraShape attribute/Film back, there are attribute for pre scale and post scale... play around with one of them....

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2006, 11:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.