PDA

View Full Version : learning to draw?

Fudge
03-31-2006, 03:09 PM
okay well hello, i am 16 years old, i have absolutly no experience in drawing, but i would like to give it ago so i wondered weather any body know any good beginer tutorials or any advice you can give me?

Thanks Fudge

DragonTU84
04-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Hey Fudge, welcome to CG Society! Most of my stuff is trial and error. I may start working on something, and post it here, and if people start trying to give me advice on how to fix it, then I will take their advice into consideration. However, since you are new to art and all, maybe get yourself some drawing books, that is a good place to start. In order to draw digitally you have to be able to learn to draw by hand first! Also, I found this link for aspiring artists on how to draw and such, so you can check it out! :thumbsup:

http://www.gfxartist.com/features/tutorials

It goes from basic teachings of the human head and form, to later more complicated tuts on certain artworks to practice with. Hope this helps! :)

Sometimes just starting on an artwork and keep on focusing on that one work until you are able to do it well can help a lot too. If one work of mine does not turn out well or I want to fine-tune my style, I keep on trying harder and harder to improve my skills!
~Crystal~

milanschere
04-01-2006, 04:30 PM
if you are serious about it
check out feng zhu's gnomon stuff.

Vertrucio
04-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Actually, I would recommend avoiding Feng's stuff at this early stage in your artistic development. You can look at it to gain inspiration, but it's not a good idea to try an emulate him right now. Trying to copy him now could lead to frustration, not to mention limiting your style to that of his. Also, Feng has already made all the design and composition decisions in his drawings, something you'll want to learn to do in order to truly draw like he does.

Focus on the core art fundamentals, form, shape, lighting, shade, anatomy, perspective, etc... Draw from life first, as you first need to know how to draw real life before drawing things from imagination.

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2006, 01:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.