PDA

View Full Version : jjhei's WIP Thread

jjhei
03-31-2006, 09:31 AM
Hi, I am working on this painting for myself. It illustrates two killers (contract killers, bounty hunters, etc.), those type of people. I am trying to settle with the colours in this wip and require some help. I am trying to stick to a greenish scheme. I will paint over the lines after this step. If there are any critiques available, please just let me know! =D

I will continue to show updates as I paint, cheers! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/JJH/killers_wip.jpg

werd
03-31-2006, 06:06 PM
I love the girls pose and expression. As far as crits go,I am far from being an expert, these are just some things that stuck out at me while looking at it. The other guy in the back looks out of perspective, I think hes too small. Unless, of course, it is a child:). He's also a little impersonal (if that is the right word), I get the feeling he is part of the backgorund or something. The colors are good in my opinion, the green contrasted with blacks and dark browns gives it a matrix-ish feeling, wich i like:thumbsup:. could use just a bit more contrast overall tho.

Hopefully this can be of some use to you, Good luck and happy painting;).

ThePhotographer
03-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Yes, I like it. perhaps a little more lighting/contrast ? Very good work !

jjhei
04-03-2006, 05:52 AM
werd: Thanks for the advice! I went and fixed the perspective of the guy at the back.
ThePhotographer: Thanks for pointing that out, I played around with the contrasting a bit.! =D

OK! Now, I changed the colours.. cuz I had a change of mood I guess.. -__- I dunno..What do you guys think of the colours now? Are they ok?
Also, any ideas for a simple background?

Thanks again for the help!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/JJH/killers_wip3.jpg

werd
04-03-2006, 04:23 PM
I liked the girls other colors better, they worked with the theme more. She is still very pretty tho. Everything else is looking good:thumbsup:. Contrast is great and the guy looks proper. I think for the bacground maybe a dark alley or some bloodsplatters from a recent kill, like they just finished a job. Or maybe just some painterly strokes to show lighting and direction. Im realy not very good at backgrounds at all:D. I guess it kinda depends on what situation they are in right now.

hope I was helpful, good luck.

jjhei
04-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks for your comments again werd :thumbsup:.

I am thinking of background ideas and I thought maybe several dead bodies of gangsters or smth.. an organized crime group.. on the ground. I will then add smoke coming from the guy's gun barrel to show that he was responsible. Then comes the girl, she has to be seen as part of the killing, she has to look .. more deadly or something. I want to arm her with something, whether or not she is carrying it, has it attached to her body somehow, or placed on the seat next to her.. just thinking of how to illustrate it.
As for location.. I thought of ..a trainstation!. :twisted:

Runecaster
04-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Now, this could just be my monitor, but I can barely see the guy in the back. I didn't even know he was there until I read the first response to the post.

Then again, it could just be that she is definately what is important in this painting. I like the color change, but I could have stuck with green as well, since I think it fit the mood too. But both are good, I wouldn't say one was an improvement over the other.

Where is the light coming from? Straight towards her or up above? He should have some light on him somewhere?

jjhei
04-09-2006, 08:42 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/JJH/killers_wip5.jpg

ah ok.. here's what i've got so far.. still rendering out everything.. and still gotta add in bg..

MaceHead
04-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Very good job with the girls pose and attitude. but I like the colors from the first painting best.

jjhei
04-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks Macehead. I fiddled with her colours for so long. Perhaps I'll try giving her light hair again.. I was afraid of making her look old, and it didn't contrast with her shirt, so maybe I have to change her shirt to a dark colour again.

Runecaster
04-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Ohhh noo this last image you posted was the best so far -- don't change her hair! I noticed it right away how much better she looked. I also prefer this side to the other, for some reason and the additions you made to show him in the background look fantastic. This is much improved.

I like how you married both colors in this last posted image. Very nice!

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2006, 02:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.