PDA

View Full Version : A Short List of Possible Enhancements for CGALK

warpy
03-31-2006, 06:03 AM
Hi everyone,

i was talking to roberto and he thought i should share my ideas of how to improve the site. so i have gathered here some stuff that in my opinion can help both the community and the big guys who run it.

1. well first of all, I always find it annoying that I can't find previous front page plugs. there is no page that keeps the records for them, for example you can look at zbrush central, they have a page such as this ZbrushCentral Link (http://206.145.80.239/zbc/featured2col.php)

2. I also feel that there a way to make a monthly sub contest, best of all 3d/2d (or a different topic each time), in my opinion that will attract people more people to cgalk. beside people always like freebies :).

3. A spin off for the weekly contest, someone could make a weekly DSG for non 2d, whether its old school 3d, zbrush sculpting, etc..

4. Improving the way we vote on the DSG, i know roberto has a plan for this somewhere in the future, but the sooner the better :)

5. I see a lot of people with incredible works, those people contribute so much for example Click Here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=307349&page=1&pp=15), in my opinion his stuff is 2nd to none, but yet I see no award slapped on him. i know this is a tricky subject, giving out awards shouldnt be misused, so its just some food for thought.

6. There are guys whose contribution extends over the usual posting of helping advice, there are people who share all of their methods, tricks, and are very much appreciated by everyone, i think there should be some community award, based on contribution to the community. people love to feel appreciated beyond the usual and it helps build a stronger bond to the community.

7. The tutorial thread, if there was a weekly tut from cgtalk, with collab from the Mods/Pros/Stars/Cellebs, that would definitely be a hit. i can see it happening on zbrush central each time they release a new tutorial,from time to time they release a short video tutorial around *5 minutes. Example (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=033916)

8. I also think that 5 portfolio pics is is too low, 10 is always a good number but that's probably cgtalk's business model and you cant realy complain on free stuff, cant you?

(NEW) 9. see the exact number of the voting for a thread, i.e 4.25, 3.38, not just the stars. today you can see that if the stars dont load on time, or if you go to the index of the forum and click on the stars (i think), i would like to see it in the thread itself and maybe even how much people have voted so far.

Mu
04-05-2006, 07:27 AM
all of these are great suggestions and I would like to take the chance and especially second this one:

4. Improving the way we vote on the DSG, i know roberto has a plan for this somewhere in the future, but the sooner the better :)

warpy
04-05-2006, 07:32 AM
yay mu !

a small update, i have added #9 to the list.

pearson
05-01-2006, 06:05 PM
(NEW) 9. see the exact number of the voting for a thread, i.e 4.25, 3.38, not just the stars. today you can see that if the stars dont load on time, or if you go to the index of the forum and click on the stars (i think), i would like to see it in the thread itself and maybe even how much people have voted so far.Just hold your cursor over the stars and it will pop up how many votes and exactly what the rating is to 2 decimals.

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2006, 06:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.