PDA

View Full Version : Website Feedback

Omita
03-07-2002, 04:36 AM
Please send me some feed back on my site. Especially criticism... I need to figure out what would help make my portfolio better. What work is strong and what should go. Plus, if you have trouble navigating anything tell me.

Here is the URL:
http://www.omita.com

Thanks.

-Omita

EricUNSL
03-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Hi Omita,

I looked over your site ( longer than two minutes) and your stuff looks good. I'm currently learning max with the intention of finding work so I can definitely relate to your search for answers. Art aside, the basic design of the site is ok. the bright white background on each page is a little jarring. The background color makes it hard for your images to pop the way they should. Play with a color scheme, cool or neutral background with warm foreground designs can't go wrong. Look at some of your favorite artist websites or sites in general. The dog animation entry page would grab attention from across a room if it was centered with a dark background. You get the idea. As for the art, I guess you should design the site with an emphasis on what job you want in gaming or what you do best. Do you want to be a texture artist? Animator? Present your job goal first and let everything else fall into place.

I hope I was some help, ultimately your site-your decision. speaking of sites, I need to update my own! Oh happy birthday!

Omita
03-16-2002, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think you are right on about the pop. [SNIP]

After about 5 minutes of looking at my site... then the source files I decided just to change the background color. I think it looks better. Let me know what you think.

-Hays

dtek8
03-16-2002, 10:12 PM
nice had a quick look the aircraft look v cool,,

:)

d

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.