PDA

View Full Version : (WIP) fuel post

Nelis
03-07-2002, 04:25 AM
New name, new look.

the structure is a fuel post where people can come to fill up there tanks. the structure will float as seen in waterworld with some buildings.

iwhat do you think of it and if you have tips, give them.

kind regards,

niels sinke

Andy Ray
03-07-2002, 04:35 AM
I think its very neat, I especially like the grids.

_Icarus
03-07-2002, 06:03 AM
But what exactly is it for? Water vehicles, or air vehicles cause it does look like you could land something on it :)

goodson_cd
03-07-2002, 06:42 AM
Looks like it would need a counter weight, or it seems it would flip over with all that metal and fuel on one side.

AKIRA_x
03-07-2002, 06:56 AM
Following up on the previouspost, relating to balance. I would assume a waterbased fueling station would use the fuel tanks to balance on. As a raft would balance on empty tanks. Try placing them on either side of the plaform either completely underneeth, or fithy/fifthy over and under water. And build a pipesystem running from those tanks up to the fueling pod. That would be nice. Maybe a tall construction in the mideel with a flag/light on top so people can see it far way, even when the waves are high.

AKIRA

Nelis
03-07-2002, 01:04 PM
the fuel post is for floating rafts, and isn't finished at all. a good point you made there akira-x about the balance. i will ad a counter balance.

there wil be pipes and lines for sure. its still in a early stage so expect som more updates, so i expect som emore comments or tips(hehehe)

niels sinke

Kinetix
03-07-2002, 01:26 PM
I really like it. It will look teriffic with rusty and dirty textures. You can add some small objects for more detail like screws and ropes. Maybe it will look nice with a big sail and and a few ancres who keep the boat on the right spot.

I like the roof between the tanks :D.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.