PDA

View Full Version : 2 super-cars

dodo3d
12-25-2001, 03:14 PM
need comments on this
http://dodo.homestead.com/files/cars.jpg

Rabid pitbull
12-25-2001, 03:25 PM
well the modeling is ok for the yellow car, but the red car lacks "super car" pressence to me. Both look sort of plastic though, and the lights seem to bright, and even in ... if that makes sense. Now I would mess with the color settings to get a better finish on the cars. also the tinted windows seem off.

All of the color problems could be due to the lighting though...

I like the yelklow car, it is definetly "super car" material, but the red one seems more everyday..... Good start, but needs more detail.

ToddD
12-26-2001, 04:24 PM
The image is a good start, but it could use a little work. The models definitely need more work to be covincing, and the materials and lighting aren't quite believable. I think moving the camera lower and further left would make them seem less toylike, a low camera would (IMO) give them a feeling of scale and proportion.

rendermonkey23
12-26-2001, 04:43 PM
Audi TT and a.....hmmmmmm cant figure the yellow one out. First off, where's your main light source coming from? The volume lights are too dense IMO because there's not really any smoke or dust (or whatever) anywhere else in the scene so they wouldn't be just shooting a beam like that. The textures for the lights are too white. Try and model behind the light and let the bulb and back of the light show through a little bit. I agree with moving the camera a little bit maybe and I think the shaders also look to plastiky. If there is some specular on the shaders themselves then try and use some lights to show the shinyness of the paint. Good work though. oh, also, you might want to temporarily lose or hide the mirrors until you nail the lighting and textures.

What program are you using?

dodo3d
12-26-2001, 07:40 PM
I use 3dsmax 4
I tried to play with the lights several time but I still can't get what I need
I am using 2 omni lights one in the middel betwen the 2 cars and the other is the source in the top left
and a spot light from the other side to show the shadws
and two volumetric lights for the front of the car
I need some info about adjusting the light I had read some of them in 3drender.com but didn't found it good for my image:o :o :o

rendermonkey23
12-27-2001, 07:06 PM
After playin' with it, post the newest version so we all can check it out :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.