PDA

View Full Version : Depth of field woes.

DarkstaR1st
03-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Hey guys,

yep me again...

Look at this image.
http://www.dennist.nl/Image2.jpg (52kb) 1920x1080 px

I keep getting this "band" of noise over the movie.. It moves around the image as my camera tilts and moves...

It seems to be in the depth of field option in camera settings.

I tried disabeling the background image, tried turning off the motionblur, tried all light settings and material settings, tried continuously rasterize on/off to no avail.

The only way i could remedy this now is to turn off Depth of field. But then the pretty picture is gone :(.

Anyone knows of this problem? Think its a resolution thing... Any workarounds?

Thanks mates,

Dennis Teusink

igorstshirts
03-31-2006, 08:16 PM
I've never encountered a band like that before. It looks like that band is the area of best focus. Have you tried lowering the pixel focal length? Try a low number there... Like 1. Try super low f-stops too and see what happens to that area.

beenyweenies
04-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey guys,

yep me again...

Look at this image.
http://www.dennist.nl/Image2.jpg (52kb) 1920x1080 px

I keep getting this "band" of noise over the movie.. It moves around the image as my camera tilts and moves...

Never seen that before either. You may also want to to try changing your project to 16bit, although I have no idea if this will help or not since it appears to be more of a glitch than a quality issue?

cgmandv
04-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Hmmm....
Those who used photoshop 2.5 or 3 are defenitely came across these sort of probs I guess.
What I used to do thn was to add a little gaussian noise on the image. That solves the problem without altering too much.

Your prob could be the DoF setting in my opinion, the focus area is too narrow. Widen it a bit and see.

Hope it helps.

joviphang
04-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Maybe try updating your graphic card, not harm trying.

DarkstaR1st
04-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Well.. i tested all the DOF settings. Widen of tightening the focus range doesn't help.. The band only widens or tightens, but doesn't go away.

The graphics card is not the isue.. When i render the movie it doesn't go throught the Graphics card. Just thourgh the processor and memorybanks. There it also shows the bands.

Khalor
04-20-2006, 12:24 PM
You might just have to dirty up this image a bit to hide the noise - nest the comp and do a 'Remove Grain' filter, or a gaussian blur, or something else to hid the noise. It seems to be a glitch, rather than a problem with input footage or settings, so there's no easy fix.

I wonder....what version of AE are you using?

DarkstaR1st
04-21-2006, 06:53 AM
I thought it to be a glitch. I tried to soften up the background image before the DOF. Didn't do much. I really tried everything. So, i've opted for another approach. A totally different shot :(.

I was on a tight schedule and had to think of something else to make the deadline. All worked out well in the end.

I will take some time next week to further investigate this problem and keep you all posted. Thanks for all the replies.

Dennis

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2006, 06:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.