PDA

View Full Version : Deleting a Vertex in ZBrush

JeremyJessup
03-29-2006, 09:35 PM
I have a model that I brought into ZBrush from 3D Studio Max and have done a fair amount of work on. I came to a point in the model where there is an extra Vertex (not doubled, just a spare vert along an edge the made a pare of quads out of a pair of tris) that is not able to be smoothed out.

I'm new to ZBrush and I don't know how to remove the vert and I don't want to loose all the work to re-import it, and risk having the same problem elsewhere in the mesh.

Does anyone know how to remove a vert or poly from a ZBrush model (and if I have to remove the whole polygon, how do I cap the hole)?

ryankingslien
03-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Jessup3D
You could use ZBrush's Delete Hidden to accomplish some of this but it will delete an entire face. You can not delete one vertex in ZBrush at this time.

This means you find a way to live with the vert or you have to create a new mesh and find a way to transfer your mesh details from the old sculpt with an extra vertex to the new model that does not have the extra vert.

You can use displacement maps to accomplish some of this or, within, Maya you can use XYZShrinkwrap. XSI may have a solution along these lines as well, not sure. :)

Best,

Ryan

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2006, 11:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.