PDA

View Full Version : Boots

blinky
03-29-2006, 08:51 PM
I ve made a boot and want to zbrush in the creases and stuff ( no problems there ). However when its sub divided it goes all smooth ( obviously ). But this isnt what i want on places like the heal and sole, i need them to remain crisp and unsmoothed. In max i can just turn on the separate by smoothing groups button and it does exactly what i want it to do.

Is there anyway i can achieve this in zbrush or is it just a case of chamfering the edges of the bits i want to be hard to control the smoothing. Although this is adding extra polys that id prefer not to put in.

thanks in advance

ryankingslien
03-30-2006, 12:00 AM
You can crease parts of a model in ZBrush so that they stay locked in place.

To do this for, say, the heel of the boot, hide everything but the heel. Press CTRL+Shift and drag out a rectangle around the heel. You can then press CTRL+Shift click and drag and while dragging unpress Shift to hide areas of the boot that are still visible. It is best to turn on Pt Sel on the far right of the canvas area for this.

Once only the heel is showing you can press Crease in the Tool palette, Geometry sub-menu.

This will lock it in place. :)

Best,

Ryan

blinky
03-30-2006, 07:34 AM
just what i was looking for

thanks ryan

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2006, 07:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.