PDA

View Full Version : Character: First Head...

MrPunkin
12-24-2002, 11:58 PM
Here is my first head ever. I know its not perfect, probably far from it. It is the Joan of Arc tutorial head, so its not too original, but what the heck. Its was also a test of my ability to TRY and make a glossy wet sort of material. The reason its in the finished gallery is because it was a school project and I intend on spending no more time on it. I just want to move on to making my own heads and such from my own ideas. Its a little overwhelming, the idea of making a whole head again without step by step, but I think I can do it... anyways, on to the pics, wireframes available if you would like. Modelled in Max 4.2, rendered in Brazil

http://home.attbi.com/~mrpunkin/blue_head_glossy_composited.jpg

Plain Brazil render with just skylight.

http://home.attbi.com/~mrpunkin/Brazil_test_sky_light.jpg

kydjester
12-25-2002, 12:17 AM
very nice . I two will be posting my first head in a couple of day :beer:

MrPunkin
12-25-2002, 05:53 AM
BTW: I was hoping for a little critique... something to let me know if I am headed the right way in my modelling and overall shape and design of a head (in this case a female, slightly japanese anime styled, hence the bigger eyes).

HieSpike
12-25-2002, 06:12 AM
Looks nice,
However, the eyes seem to be a little "floaty" The sockets and the cheek bones don't seem strong enough.

Very nice for a first head however, I've seen to many disaster heads.

peace,
Kane

Killer03
12-25-2002, 06:41 AM
Looks really good. Looks good for like a tenth head let alone your first. I agree with the cheek bones thing, but hey I think you got the look you were going for.:thumbsup:

MrPunkin
12-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Thank you guys. Ill keep that in mind about the cheekbones. Anyone have any words of advice before I start another head, or maybe even an animals head? Is the Joan of Arc way a good way to go about it, starting with just one poly around the eye, and extruding edges, then subdividing later on?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.