PDA

View Full Version : paint - erase/reset model?

mindsample
03-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I did all sorts of modifications to my model, using all sorts of tools, I am happy with most of it but want to redo certain areas of it. I am looking for a way to "paint back the history" or delete anything that is "on top" of the original model (i still have it saves as a morph target) so I can start over fresh without having to do the entire model again!

Also, if that is not quite possible, I still have not managed to understand and/or find a tool that flattens and evens out the surface. The closest I got was "smooth" and "blur" but they both dont really do what I am after, I want to "delete" wrinkels I created via the projection master and get back to where I started!

eblondin
03-29-2006, 06:08 PM
if you are on the same sub d level that you stored your morph target you can use the morph brush to brush your model back to its original state of where you first stored the morph

ryankingslien
03-30-2006, 12:40 AM
What I do is to hide everything but the area around the wrinkles that I want to smooth out, go to the highest sub-div level and smooth the heck out of it. Then go down in resolution and smooth that. Repeat a few times then go back up and see if any of the wrinkles still exists.

Best,

Ryan

mindsample
03-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks for your suggestions.

I played around with the smoothing procedure for a while but never was really happy with it, the morph brush is definately a better idea if you have a morph target stored on the same subD level.

If you don't, a user on zbrushcentral had a great idea, use your original, level 1 unaltered mesh, subdivide it to the same level as your altered, high-res model, export it (can be quite big & slow, depending on the polycount) and then import it again into the ALTERED scene to use it as a morph target on the highest level. Thats how I did it anyway ...

Cheers ...

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2006, 04:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.