PDA

View Full Version : Mouth Disease

Sean G.
03-29-2006, 11:56 AM
http://student.ci.qut.edu.au/~n5452465/postimages/mouthdisease.jpg (http://student.ci.qut.edu.au?%7En5452465/postimages/mouthdisease.jpg) (may need to copy and paste link into your browser)

Title: Mouth Disease
Software: Photoshop

This was a something I dasigned for a uni class. Its my first actual attempt at rendering something. I came up with this becasue I wanted to do something shiny. A friend of mine said I should do an inside out mouth. I basically went from there.
Choosing a name for this piece was quite interesting, a friend of mine tossed up two names, Gum Disease or Oral Sex...

C&C's please.

Cheers

LiQ
03-30-2006, 01:26 AM
Wow I love the texture work there. Awesome stuff Sean.

How about you call it 'Oral Sex With Someone Who Has A Disease Like Herpes'?
That would be swell :thumbsup:

Keep it up man:scream:

nafa
03-30-2006, 03:11 AM
The textures are superb, but the two main objects look pasted and do not mesh well together.

BrettHolton
04-13-2006, 07:12 AM
i agree with the above poster, need to blend better.. other then that cool work

Kavelioc
04-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I love the glisten of the slimy spit, though the highlights look a little too strong to me and could do with dulling down a bit. I did something similar to this once and found you could get a great effect using Plastic Wrap filter on a copyed layer with its opacity brought down. You could try it and see what oyou think. But like a say, I love the overall texture.

secretasianman
04-14-2006, 12:13 AM
the problem with most people that do teeth are that they really don't study teeth enough to do a real looking set.

people do great studiy work on figure drawings and make people close to exact on those aspects, but when it comes to teeth they just blow it.

that is why you see alot of people that do open mouth work do block teeth. teeth are ot blocks or chiclet looking.

i wish people would put more emphasizeing on making teeth asthetically apealing.

Sean G.
05-21-2006, 10:04 AM
the problem with most people that do teeth are that they really don't study teeth enough to do a real looking set.

people do great studiy work on figure drawings and make people close to exact on those aspects, but when it comes to teeth they just blow it.

that is why you see alot of people that do open mouth work do block teeth. teeth are ot blocks or chiclet looking.

i wish people would put more emphasizeing on making teeth asthetically apealing.

Yes, I totally agree with you. The teeth are bad and as everyone said the blending is shitty!! The next one will hopefully be better. Thanks guys for all the comments. I appreciate it. (Y)

Anything else?

Hodaararar
05-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Yo Sean G, cant see your work mate, something up with the link?

lol, my ****ing gums are killing me right now due to my wisdom tooth messing it up, then i see your post on gumdisease and you got my first name, lets hope i dont get that! :D

Sean G.
05-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Ummm, for some reason you have to copy and paste the link into your browser. :( Sorry for that guys!

Cypher666
05-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Dude I like it! gonna have this as my new desktop background!

Sean G.
05-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Dude I like it! gonna have this as my new desktop background!

WOW!! Thats a first!!! Umm, I'm going to update it as soon as I get time off my uni assignments. Plans are to integrate the jaw and the tongue better aswell and make the teeth more life like. But thanks for the comments. (Y)

Does anyone think i should texture the background or is black ok?

Sean G.
08-20-2006, 02:10 PM
http://student.ci.qut.edu.au/%7En5452465/postimages/mouthdisease_take2.jpg (may need to copy and paste link into browser)

Hi guys, me again. I've been doing a fair bit of 3d and was getting really bored with it so I've decided to work on this image a bit more. I've done a bit of colour correction to bring out the image and make it a little more richer. I've added a slight texture in the background and have textured up the tongue a bit. But for some reason and I cant put my finger on it, it still looks crappy. I think it may be how I've initially composed the image. It looks best on a solid black background but thats boring. Ive textured it a little but it still looks not right.

Please can a fresh pair of eyes help me out here! :)

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
08-20-2006, 02:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.