PDA

View Full Version : New to Zbrush!!

at_626
03-29-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi, I am new to Zbrush(about to buy a copy soon...), have few questions to ask...
1. I have seem Zbrush 2 preview videos talks about modeling-rig feature, does this feature already available in Zb2??
2. Can I use Zbrush as a 3D painting tool... something like Modo 201 or Body Paint?
3. Is Zb2 free upgrade to 2.5?

Big Thanks!!

eblondin
03-29-2006, 05:05 PM
1. Yes and no , If you start with zspheres in 2.0 to create your mesh, your mesh is sort of already rigged. And you can change poses.

But you cannot insert spheres into a mesh in 2.0 and rig it like you have probably seen in videos.

2. Yes, you can paint directly on your model easily with projection master.

3. Yes

DaedraLord
04-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Hi, I am new to Zbrush(about to buy a copy soon...), have few questions to ask...
1. I have seem Zbrush 2 preview videos talks about modeling-rig feature, does this feature already available in Zb2??
2. Can I use Zbrush as a 3D painting tool... something like Modo 201 or Body Paint?
3. Is Zb2 free upgrade to 2.5?

Big Thanks!!

try the demo, and download some video tutorials from the main site, watch them, then play with the demo.

try glen southerns video

alvin-cgi
04-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I just bought a copy last week:applause:, so I will be here more often from now on...

I was actually compared with Modo, Hex2 and silo... but zbrush can do lot more "details" than others... apart from it very unusual UI:argh:, and paid lot more than Hex2 and Silo...:shrug:

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2006, 11:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.