PDA

View Full Version : DEMON creature Comic book painting

Pixarman
03-29-2006, 04:25 AM
Hi everyone. Here is my second Painter painting. This time I was trying to do some comic coloring. I still have some work to do on it, especially the upper portion and book. I also want to darken the whole image a bit. It's a little too bright. I also drew the line art and it was from a comic I did years ago called Death Angel. I appreciate any comments, crits. Thanks!

http://home.insightbb.com/~john-cleary/scrumtest1.jpg

Seppuku
03-29-2006, 06:57 PM
That looks hot man how do u get your colors blended so well.

CyanideCotdPnuts
03-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Smudge tool and/or low pressure and opacity?

Pixarman
03-30-2006, 01:51 AM
Thanks! this is actually my first Painter comic book painting. I am also doing a female portrait which I posted in another thread.

I dont use the smudge tool. I am using the pressure and low opacity on my wacom. I just build up my dark colors first and then I start adding lighter shades. I'm still learning and have a way to go. Glad you like it.

CyanideCotdPnuts
03-30-2006, 02:46 PM
A-ha, so I was right :P

BurtS
03-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Nice job. It's good idea to put here some freehand stuff. I have to take some pencil scans to upload.

Nice.

GaryBedell
03-30-2006, 05:20 PM
From one Comic book artist to another, I really like your style. It reminds me of the early image era. Keep posting

-Gary

Pixarman
03-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks Gary!

I actually worked at Image for a short time back in the mid 90's. I worked on a series for Todd McFarlane called Boof and I did some Spawn related pinups, covers, cards, spogs. I did Deadly Duo for Erik Larsen and some work with Jim Valentino of Shadowhawk fame. I sculpt now and my recent statue is SPiderman from Bowen Designs but I would love to start drawing comic books again. I have just discovered digital painting and I love it and want to learn all I can.

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2006, 08:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.