PDA

View Full Version : WOMANS portrait in Painter - my first

Pixarman
03-29-2006, 04:20 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm John, I'm using my brothers account until I set up my own. Here is my first painting in Painter. I am new to digital painting and I know I still have alot to learn. I appreciate any comments, critiques and tips. I am especially interested in learning how to make my work more photorealistic. Thanks!

http://home.insightbb.com/~john-cleary/ladyhead.jpg

cypherx
03-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey John, I wanted to say you have a nice style going for you, it would almost be a shame for you to trade it in for a "photoreal" quality. I can't give you any tips for painter because I haven't learned it myself. I would go and look at Anry's work because he's probably one of the best Painter artists I can think of. As far as critique on this particular piece, I like the skintones and the hair (especially the shiny bits), but would probably work on making her eyes not look so far apart especially in the case of her [left] eye. Hope that helped a tad.

Pixarman
03-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Thanks Jennifer. You are right on about the space of the eyes. I'm glad you like it and I also like the painted look. I think I will fix the eyes and leave it like it is. Thanks for your crit. I really appreciate it. :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2006, 01:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.