PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Water

Guntis
12-24-2002, 01:51 PM
I made this picture for music site... Is water realistic? Tried to make it as more realistic, as it was possible...

Mikademius
12-24-2002, 02:16 PM
I downloaded the music, and it's pretty cool. But seriously, you have to change the typo in that image. And the water doesn't look too realistic either. It looks a bit too solid maybe

Guntis
12-24-2002, 02:22 PM
Thanks! By the way I made another picture, too... I'll show it, when trancefinity's track will be avaible at mp3.com

Guntis
12-25-2002, 12:04 PM
Hey... Where are other comments?

Ilya
12-25-2002, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't bother about water realism all that much. Mainly, the typo should be changed. Think of the backgound & text as one and try to arrange them so they contribute to each other. Work on pallete, font & compositional arrangement of words - that's my advise.

Hope it helps. ;)

Guntis
12-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Sonn I'll show my another 2d picture...

Philipe
12-28-2002, 11:12 PM
Hi.
I don't know how software you are still using, but if you are doing this in 3d Max, I suggest to try create a raytrace material, tun on the supersampling, adjust the color of the material to more darkest blue possible, but not black, adjust the shiness to high value, apply a smoke material in bump cel and try to put a cellular map into black cage of this smoke material.
The ajust of cellular map is easy. Try to turn on the checkbox of fractal values. Go back and put the value of this complex bump map with negative value. I usually use -35.
Now, create a water mesh. It can be a plane. Apply the water material, create a skydome and put a bright light in front position of your camera. It will put some light in your scene. The texture mapped of your skydome will be realistic reflected by your water.
You can do it animated if you want only changing the phase value of bump.

Well, I would like to suggest to don't put the text in same color of the background... Try oter color for the text ( but not red!) because blue and red usually are not a good idea.
good luck
Philipe:cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.