PDA

View Full Version : Question: Head LookAt, is it Needed?

Namroth
12-24-2002, 10:16 AM
What do you think about to make Head LookAt like eyes do you think it is good metod to animate head?(max5)

srv
12-24-2002, 11:46 AM
Hey,
Personally I don't like animating with lookat constraints. I just prefer to rotate the eyes and set keys where I want them. I never understood the usefulness of this approach, it doesn't seem intuitive to me.:shrug:

dwalden74
12-24-2002, 06:17 PM
But.... often your character will be moving his/her head while fixing the eyes on one specific position. This happens often. Manually rotating the eyes in this case can be a little too much overhead IMHO. This is why I would opt for a blend setup, where the user can have the option of using either a lookat constraint or manually rotating the eyeballs.

:beer:
David

Namroth
12-24-2002, 07:39 PM
How can I have both do you know how to switch?

This rig have lookat but it is för LW:
http://www.cgtalk.com/plugs/ACS4.jpg

srv
12-24-2002, 11:43 PM
Hey
Good point dwalden74.
Namroth- you can animate the weight of the lookat constraint. If you set a weight of 0 and set the Euler XYZ controller to active you can manually rotate your object.
I get jumping when I switch between these as the object realigns its rotation. Does anyone know a way to get around this?

LFShade
12-25-2002, 04:48 AM
You could key the weight of the lookat constraint up more gradually to 100%, to make the transition smoother.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.