PDA

View Full Version : Saving as a copy???????

ade90054
03-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi all,

Does anybody know of a way to do a "save as copy" much like photoshop does, I want to be able to save my current scene out as a differnt name (like a temp scene name) but remain in the scene i'm actually working in, then when i'm happy with everything I can commit to saving with the final scene name.

Any help would be great, cheers
Jim

Buexe
03-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Basically you have to:

1. rename your current open scene
2. Save it to your desired location
3. Rename the open scene to its original name

file -rename $newName;
file -save -type mayaBinary -defaultExtensions true;
file -rename $originalName;

I hope this helps
buexe

deo01
03-28-2006, 02:14 PM
I wrote a script called SaveScenePlus, this is not exactly what you want, but I find it very fast and usefull to save stages of the work. It's in highend3d so you can check it out:

http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/mel_scripts/utility_external/backup/3970.html

Let me know what you think.

.:dp:.

ade90054
03-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Excellent, thanks guys.

With the rename option do you know if it would be possible to send the newly renamed scene to a different directory then when you rename the scene back to the original maya also resets the dirctory back to it's original aslwell (if that makes any sense???) When you save a new scene name maya changes the scene directory, it would be cool to rename the scene to its original but also revert to the original directory too???

Thanks again.
Jim

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2006, 04:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.